White Tongue Causes - Scrubbing the tongue with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper will help remove the accumulated bacteria and material on the tongue. This will help relive most of the other symptoms associated with white coating on the tongue including bad breath. However, there are certain home remedies which help in the treatment of this condition effectively and reduce the frequency of occurrence of the problem.
- The most common cause of white coating on the tongue is oral thrush. Thrush is attributed to a fungal infection caused by Candida, which affects individuals with poor immune system or in individuals that suffer from acidity and reflux disease.
- Several alternative systems of medicine, consider white tongue as a sign of chronic ailment and as the tongue is considered as an indicators of an individual’s health. This however doesn’t imply of a problem in the oral cavity, but is indicative of a more systemic problem
- Another cause of white tongue is the buildup of sulfurous compounds, which are attributed to the growth of bacteria in the oral cavity. Poor oral and dental hygiene may subsequently result in white coating on the tongue.
- Certain antibiotics and steroids can result in white coating on the tongue as they tend to interfere with the normal immune functions of the body
- Dehydration is another common cause of white dry tongue.
Healthy Tongue Forever. Cure Your Tongue Problems. Step-By-Step.100% Guaranteed. CLICK HERE